Concerning Security and Police Forces
Pray for our Police, Military, and other Security and Investigative Personnel. (e 3.1-14; Romans 13.1-10)
- Pray for our police and other law enforcement personnel, for justice in all endeavors, defense and protection of the innocent, conviction and pursuit of the guilty. (Psalm 82.3-4)
- Pray for these civil officials for their conversion to Christ, a Christian understanding of their duties, and godly execution of them, that we may lead quiet and peaceable lives in all godliness. (1 Timothy 2.1-4)
- Pray for the superior officers in these callings, that they would have compassion on their inferiors, respecting their lives and safety, yet with an eye to the greater duty of glorifying God and keeping the peace, or waging just war upon necessary occasion, that they may have wisdom in these efforts. (2 Samuel 10.8-14)
- Pray for our nation, that our citizens would have a godly respect for authority, obey magistrates, and render to all their due. Pray for a godly doctrine and practice of interposition, and resistance, to unlawful orders. (1Ki. 11.15-16; Romans 13.7)
- Pray for repentance for those who have learned anarchy—disrespect of authority, disobedience to lawful commands, despising of rule over them, and other things destructive to a well ordered civil society. (1 Thessalonians 5.14)
- Pray for a proper use of resources, for proper taxation and tribute, such that peace-keeping and martial forces would have what they need to do their God-given responsibility. (Romans 13.6)
- Pray for good training, competent time to train, for diligent efforts in training on the part of those who are trained, and those who train them, that expertise and judgment might prevail in stressful and time-sensitive circumstances.
- Pray that unjust and abusive people would not be elevated to positions with opportunity to oppress others, but instead to serve the greater cause un the Lord, in righteousness. (Luke 3.14)
- Pray for integrity among those who are called to investigate crime, that the temptation to personal advancement would never compromise the pursuit of justice, and that dealing often with unsavory circumstances would not hinder a right and just appraisal of new cases and circumstances. (Jeremiah 22.3)
More in Prayers for the Church
September 27, 2023Faith for the Church in Difficult Times
September 16, 2023Pray for a Saving Knowledge and confession of our sins.
September 6, 2023Pray regarding rest and contentment with God’s providence